Farming and participating in DeFi comes with certain risks. Below, we discuss the potential risks associated with using SCV.finance.
- Risk: the risk when the NFT's selling price in marketplace goes down below the initial purchase price.⚠
- If you try to open a large position relative to the pool size and require swapping, you transaction could incur a large price impact.
- As an example, if a liquidity of a pool is USD 100 million, swapping USD 1 million (1% of pool’s liquidity) worth of tokens would incur ~4% price impact.
- Risk of (impermanent) capital loss from asset rebalancing in the Automated Market Maker ("AMM") pool.
- Stable coins pairs farming are also subjected to impermanent loss. Just like any other coins, the price of stable tokens are dictated by supply and demand, which some time can cause the price to be off-pegged. While this value is generally small and transient, we have seen instances where stable coins stay off-pegged for an extend period of time. By opening a position with a large leverage, you are also amplifying the IL on your principal.
- While smart contracts have been audited by third-party firms, they could theoretically have vulnerabilities.
While we do our best to eliminate all the possible risks, DeFi is an industry where events that no one predicted can occur(the dreaded black swans). So please don’t invest your life savings, or risk assets you can’t afford to lose. Try to be as careful with your funds as we are with our code.